I have said it before and I’ll say this again: if you are not using Tasker on Android, you are not fully aware of the things your smartphone is capable of. Tasker is probably the single most powerful application in the entire Play Store. When it comes to automation, Tasker is all you need. Here I am going to share some of my favorite Tasker profiles. (This is part one.)
I use a lovely Casio D056 as my primary watch. (Yes, yes, I get this a lot: still stuck in teenage years.) The watch is pretty awesome: 10-year battery life, 100M water resistance, comes with an illuminator. Also, it can make a sweet retro-style hourly chime. I wanted to mimic this with my phone. So, here’s what you need to do to make your phone sound like a Casio watch every hour:
- Download this WAV file and place it inside your SD Card.
- Create a new profile by clicking on the “+” icon on Tasker. Select “Time” as your context.
- On the next screen, select “From” time 6:00 AM and “To” 11:00 PM. (I go to sleep by 11 at night. You can set any time you want.) Set “Repeat” to “every 1 Hour(s)”.
- Create a new task called “Chime”.
- On the next screen, click on the “+” icon and type ‘play’. Select “Media Play”
- Next, click on the search icon beside the file field. This will open up file-selection activity. Select the WAV file you downloaded in step 1. Press back key till you exit Tasker, and you are done!